Monday, November 25, 2013

One foot in front of the other

Yesterday was my scheduled 'Long Run'. I only needed to do 7 miles, but after running 9 days in a row previouly, my head was SCREAMING to only run the 1 mile to keep my challenge agreement.  I got suited up, and headed out the door with my audiobook playing.  Once I hit the 1 mile, I thought to myself, "OK, I'll just run 1 more since I'm feeling pretty good". Then I started to think about how great it would feel to run the 7 miles, so I surrendered to the rythm and went for it.  I love this 'Holiday Running Streak' challenge so much!  I'm discovering new depths to myself, and pushing myself beyond my own limitations.  I have set out to maintain 'consistancy' & build 'strength' in my body, and that is what this challenge is doing for me. 

I had a lovely weekend, I slept, I ate, I ran, I watched movies, I really didn't 'do' much else. It was so great to RELAX! Feeling ready for the week. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment