Friday, November 15, 2013

2013 Holiday Running Streak!

Today, I committed to running at least one mile every day for the rest of this year.  I was intrigued by the challenge of consistency. This seems to be my undoing, I always start off motivated but then 'life' gets in the way. Well, for the 47 days I am going to run at least once a day for a minimum of 1 mile. Surely I can work that into my day.  Today I had to meet my son's teacher for a 'parent teacher' interview. It started to snow and snow and snow, so I decided that instead of navigating the 'mini-van' through the slippery streets, I'd throw on my sneakers and just 'run' to the school. So glad I did. I managed to get 6.5km's in, and was treated to a beautiful, wintery, snowy run.  Dreamy, happy running today. Life is a journey, and nothing lasts forever. Friends and loved ones move through our lives, and I want to cherish the moments I have with each and everyone of them before they slip away.  I know that even when those I love are no longer in my life, it's through spirit we remain connected. Anyway, these are the types of things I thought about on my run today.

On another note, my son's teacher told me that she experiences him as a very happy child, who genuinely loves to learn and be in school.  I feel so proud!


No comments:

Post a Comment