Thursday, November 21, 2013

Winter has arrived!

Yes, it's cold out! To which I reply, 'so'?  Honestly, peoples belief systems get all wacky when it comes to the cold weather (or so I've observed). All that is required is some very decent clothing, and a belief that one is capable of running in the cold weather.  I've heard all kinds of stories about why people can't run, and I've learned not to try to deter people from the 'reason's why they can't run. I find it's best to allow people to work through their own limiting beliefs...  But when RUNNERS tell me all of the reasons why they can't run, I start to have a harder time biting my tounge.  C'mon people! It's just weather.  We are so much bigger than those limiting beliefs about it being too cold to run (or too windy, rainy, snowy, etc.).

As I am typing this, my 'back of the head chatter' is railing on about being a pompous, judgemental, poophead. Well, I do judge.  Just like I judge myself when I sell myself short of any life experience because of some lame ass excuse.  And I do truly know when it is a 'lame-ass' excuse. 

I am on day 8 today of my 'Holiday Running Streak'!  I am finding it to be a great challenge for me. It has truly forced me to step outside the door (regardless of the temps) and run at least one mile! Today, I was only going to do the minimum '1 mile' requirement, but once I got out there I felt great and so ran 2 extra miles.

The above picture is one I took on my run a couple of days ago.

Life is short! Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment